Immunity Booster Tea Recipe
With the gradual ease of the lockdown and the move towards the new “normal”, social distancing is becoming lax. This calls for more initiative on each of our parts to take care of our own health. Research has shown that the antioxidant properties in tea are a great immunity booster which will help you to keep this pandemic at bay. We, at The Tea Shelf, are concerned about your well being which is why we wanted to share a secret recipe to help you get through these difficult times. It is advisable to make the following drink a part of your daily routine, preferably right after you wake up or before sleeping.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
The ingredients you will require are:
- Tea- preferably green
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 ajwain leaf/ crushed ajwain
- 1 guava leaf
- 6-8 star anise
- Amla/ lemon juice-5 teaspoons
Steps to Make
- Bring 500ml water to boil
- Add the guava leaf and about 3 leaves of ajwain or use crushed ajwain.
- Next, add the coarsely ground ginger. Ginger is anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and anti-cancer properties and hence a very important ingredient.
- Add the star anise and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Vitamin-C is an essential ingredient so add amla if available or substitute with lime juice.
- Once the flavours are infused in the water from boiling, pour it into a jug.
- You can add a touch of honey in each cup for sweetness.
- Use this herbal water as a base for all your cups of tea.
- This base can be stored in the fridge for upto 2 days!
This recipe has been passed down generations in our family as an immunity booster as each of these ingredients have health benefits which when infused together is like a magic potion! Apart from immunity, this comforting beverage will help to ease your anxiousness and dissipate all the built-up frustration from being on house arrest.