10 Best Teas For Afternoon
A cherished custom that provides a relaxing respite from the daily grind is afternoon tea. The choice of tea itself is equally vital to producing the ideal tea experience, even though the accompaniments and locations play a significant influence. We'll look at ten of the best teas in this article to take your afternoon tea to new levels of flavour and refinement. These teas, which range from traditional favourites to uncommon mixes, will satisfy even the pickiest tea connoisseur.
Let’s see what are the top 10 best afternoon teas-
- Lavender Earl Grey: A perennial favourite, Lavender Earl Grey tea offers the robust flavours of black tea with the fragrant essence of lavender buds and bergamot oranges. Its citrusy aroma and delicate floral undertones make it an excellent choice for afternoon tea. Lavender Earl Grey Tea is often prepared with milk and can be an excellent choice for afternoon tea. Pair it with scones, sweets, and lemon curd for a truly indulgent treat.
- Rooibos: The origin of Rooibos tea is in South Africa. This tea has a very smooth texture. It offers a woody and nutty flavour profile. It can easily be mixed with milk or brewed in water. It comes under the category of caffeine-free herbal tea. If you prefer a sweet and smooth texture in tea, then surely Rooibos is made for you. Almond pastries are the perfect food to pair with a cup of this red tea.
- Darjeeling Black Tea: Darjeeling Tea is known as the "Champagne of Teas," because of its delicate muscatel flavour and light floral taste. Because of the challenging harvesting conditions, tea plantations in Darjeeling are not easy. Despite that fact, the finest quality tea leaves are harvested at higher altitudes in the Himalayan region. The first flush and the second flush are both fine options for afternoon tea. A cup of Darjeeling Tea can be wonderfully paired with cucumber sandwiches.
- Peppermint Tea: The word freshness comes along with Peppermint Tea. This tea is known for its minty aroma and cooling sensation. Which makes this tea a perfect post-lunch digestive beverage. Peppermint is mostly consumed by tea lovers because it helps with digestion. This tea can be perfectly paired with cucumber sandwiches and chocolate desserts.
- Assam Black Tea: Assam Black Tea is famous for its robust, malty aroma and full-bodied flavour. It has a separate fan base among tea lovers as afternoon tea. It can go fine with or without milk. If you love strong black tea in the afternoon, then Assam Black Tea can be your first choice. It can be served with sweets, scones, or a cheese sandwich.
- Chamomile Herbal Tea: Chamomile is widely appreciated for its health benefits. Being caffeine-free, this tea is widely consumed by those who avoid caffeine in their beverages. Chamomile has a floral aroma and a mild apple-like flavour. It can be served with delicate tea cakes and shortbread cookies. Consuming this tea is the most relaxing way to enjoy afternoon tea.
- Oolong Tea: Oolong tea offers very complex flavours, ranging from floral and sweet to dark and fruity. Oolong is a semi-oxidized tea and can be categorized into two categories: Green Oolong and Dark Oolong. It is a versatile choice for dark tea lovers around the globe. If you are a milk tea person, then try this tea with non-dairy milk options for a better tea drinking experience. The best food pairings that go with oolong tea are sweet and nutty desserts.
- White Tea: White tea is considered one of the most delicate tea beverage options. This subtly flavoured tea is renowned for its delicacy and graceful aroma. White tea can be categorized as Moonlight White, Silver Needle, White Peony, etc. All these different types of white tea have magical flavours that range from sweet and mellow to fruity and smooth. The best possible way to enjoy this tea is with light, fruit-based desserts.
- Jasmine Green Tea: The afternoon tea list is incomplete without any of the green tea options. Jasmine Green Tea is one of the finest choices in this category. This tea contains green tea leaves and jasmine buds. When the delightful scent comes with the earthy-light flavour of green tea, it creates magic. The sweetness of this tea suggests that it be enjoyed with light cookies and pastries.
- Masala Chai: Though Masala Chai is the most underrated tea option for afternoon tea, it is one of the most desired tea options nowadays. It feels boring to taste only the sweet and smooth tea options. There is no harm in spicing up your afternoon tea preference. This tea contains various Indian spices like cardamom, ginger, clove, black pepper, and CTC tea. Due to this spicy range of ingredients, this tea has a very strong yet unique flavour. The best possible food pairing for this tea is some sweet desserts.
Teas are not only categorized according to their benefits and aroma. This can be differentiated according to the drinking purpose and time. Some of these categories are morning tea, yoga and wellness tea, high tea, afternoon tea, etc. In this blog, we have discussed the most desired and appreciated afternoon teas. If you want to make a habit of drinking tea in the afternoon, then you can choose any of these teas. Also, if you want to throw an afternoon tea party, now you know what food pairings should be included in the menu.